My Life... My Thoughts... My World...
Home | Forum | Photos | Email/MSN

about her...
- female - happy-go-lucky - optimistic - unpredictable - nocturnal - stubborn - emotional - romantic - dreamy -

her favs...
- forumming - photography - cooking - laughing - Sudoku - blogging - travelling - music - chatting - eating -

her peeves...
- liars - mornings - being lonely - amphibians & reptiles - being made fun of - crowds - being unappreciated -

her food favs...
- Japanese - Vietnamese - Chinese - Indonesian - Thai - Szechuan - Malaysian -




My Narooma Trip.
Monday, May 08, 2006


Day 1

Breakfast


We set off at about 7.15 am... *yawn* We stopped at MacDonald's for our customary road trip breakfast. See? Chikky looks awake now! hahaha!

The whole purpose of this holiday is to celebrate Mummy & Chikky's 10th Wedding Anniversary! Fast, isn't it? It's been 10 years since Mummy's been to Australia too...


As soon as we hit the road, some of us fell asleep... while others (me) soon tuned out of the real world and into my own... However, it did not take long before I soon fell alseep too... *ZZzzzz...*


Batemans Bay





I was awoken as we were pulling into Batemans Bay for a stretch and to take in the splendid water views and soon after, we were off again!





Bodalla

Our next stop was the town of Bodalla. Well, we did not actually stop at the town but at a church. This is the 'scary church' which Chikky says looks like it's from a horror movie. I am the chicken in the family and I think this church is not even close to being scary. The architecture is just simply beautiful... Bodalla, translated in Turkish and Yugoslav means 'stupid', and it also sounds like Bodoh! Hahaha!




Now, does that look scary to you? This is actually an Anglican church and is currently still in use. The main altar is protected with alarms and there was even a sign warning us not to go any further (above left). Weird, I thought.


Final Destination

Finally, after hours of driving (and napping), we have reached Narooma!!! Yippee! This is our cabin (left) and this is the view from our cabin (right).

After checking in, we went out for a fish & chips lunch!!! Alas, I forgot to take pictures of food... You will come to notice that when it comes to food... I always forget!

We proceeded to make our way to the little wharf/jetty/pier... The water was extremely clear but it was kind of windy too... Want to see how clear the water was?

Fish was in abundance!!! We could see the bigger fish swimming around, taunting us. I guess the only reason why they managed to grow bigger is because they are smarter and would not let themselves get caught!

We spent quite a few hours fishing and it was great fun!Although all we caught were baby fish and had to be let go.

Dinner

Dinner was at the Narooma Golf Club. It boasts spectacular views from the restaurant as the club is on a hill and overlooks the sea. However, it was past nightfall and we could not see a thing!!!

I had the Blue Swimmer (like flower crab) with lemongrass, almost like a rempah, with rice. It was sooo good!!!Mummy had the Seafood Chowder which was very nice and the 2 boys had Salt and Pepper Squid. I'd dare say that my crab was the best!! Woohoo!!! Yet again, i forgot to take a photo... *sigh*

Pokies!!!

Poker machines in Australia start from $0.01. We played a little on the poker machines before dinner and I made a little money. So, we went back again after dinner. I again made some money, profit around $100+. So darn happy! So Mummy and I pooled our money together and 'invested' it into a machine.

First we had a set of free games (15 each time). After that finished, I upped the ante. We were now betting $2.00 a spin. We got another set of free games. During the free games, we got another set and yet another and another... That round, we had a total of 75 free games!!! That was definitely a first!!! However, it was kind of disappointing considering the number of free games, it only paid out a profit of $320... Oh well... c'est la vie!

Day 2

Bermagui

We hopped in the car and went to Bermagui for more fishing and stopped for fuel. A lady came out and we were shocked as she proceeded to fuel up the car!!! It's self-service in Australia...

Next, we continued on to the town centre for brunch. I ordered a fish burger with egg, thinking that it would be like a Fillet-o-Fish... but it was made with real fish! It was all stacked up that I could not put my mouth around it! (Again, I forgot the photos...) We walked around a little and I took some pics...

(Left) This was where we went fishing in Bermagui.

(Right) Hunny caught this weird looking fish... If you look closely, it has legs. No, not the blue ones... the little prawn looking legs near the eyes!!!

After a while, we decided to move on to Tathra... It was extremely windy... but it was so beautiful!

Dinner that night was seafood again!!! Yums!

Day 3

Batemans Bay

After checking out, we stopped at Batemans Bay for Brunch. I order Garlic Prawns with Pasta, Chikky had a Sub and My Mummy and Hunny had Thai Chicken Salads!!! This time, I finally remembered to take photos!

(Top : mine; Left: Chikky's; Right: Mummy and Hunny's)

On the drive back, we made our last pit stop at Huskisson.

I do hope that you've enjoyed my photos.

Lots more were taken but there's only so much I can fit in here.


...:::My Thoughts:::...5:13 pm  




stuff here
about you:


















Archives
April 2006
May 2006
June 2006
July 2006
August 2006
October 2006






Free Domain Forwarding

Favicon maker- Create a favicon from any image

Listed on BlogShares
www.flickr.com
maystar designsmaystar designsmaystar designs