My Life... My Thoughts... My World...
Home | Forum | Photos | Email/MSN

about her...
- female - happy-go-lucky - optimistic - unpredictable - nocturnal - stubborn - emotional - romantic - dreamy -

her favs...
- forumming - photography - cooking - laughing - Sudoku - blogging - travelling - music - chatting - eating -

her peeves...
- liars - mornings - being lonely - amphibians & reptiles - being made fun of - crowds - being unappreciated -

her food favs...
- Japanese - Vietnamese - Chinese - Indonesian - Thai - Szechuan - Malaysian -




My Weekend
Monday, July 10, 2006

I have finally met up with 2 members from Keeptouch (KT)!! Personally, I had loads of fun and it was great to be around Singaporeans again.

On Saturday, we met up in the City for dinner and settled for Korean buffet. We had 30 mins to kill before dinner so we went for pre-dinner drinks... coffee at Starbucks!


These are Eric's colleagues & friends.

This is Angeline & Chee Wee.
Angeline is currently studying in Perth while Chee Wee is working in Sydney. He has a really cool job!

This is Tze, Eric, Hunny and me!

Not sure what this looks like to you but it is Korean Raw Beef Salad.
It is topped with a raw egg and has white radish strips. It was yummy!

See the table full of food? We ordered 3 different types of steamboat. Korean steamboat is totally different from the steamboat that I am used to where we would cook as we ate. Korean style is served with everything in there and side orders of kimchi and the likes.



This is the Beef and Mushroom Steamboat.
See the little yellow things floating in there? That an egg in each of the ring of onion! There's even tang hoon (glass noodles) in there. Sedap!

This is the Seafood Steamboat.
There were prawns, mussels, crabs and a whole fish in there! Very, very nice!

This is the Pork Steamboat.
It may not sound like much but I have to say that it tasted really good too. Who would have thought of using pork?

After dinner, we decided to take a walk to the Darling Harbour for drinks. After much deliberation, it was decided that we would have drinks at The Watershed Hotel. It is not a Hotel but actually a pub/club.

Tze and I

Eric, Tze and I

Hunny and I left at close to 11 pm i think... really tired though... getting old... zzzz. Before we left, we arranged for all of them to come over for dinner the next day...

We managed to fit EVERYONE around the table!

We had Kangaroo Steaks (I promised Eric that), Chicken Wings, Steak, Prawns and an Asian Salad. I hope everyone had enough to eat though...

All in all, I had a great time and I hope that they've all enjoyed their holiday in Sydney.

The are one of the nicest bunch of Singaporeans I've met and this includes those in Singapore! They were extremely considerate and that was the very first thing I noticed!

I hope to meet up with other Keeptouch members in future!



Technorati Tags: , , , ,


...:::My Thoughts:::...2:25 am  




stuff here
about you:


















Archives
April 2006
May 2006
June 2006
July 2006
August 2006
October 2006






Free Domain Forwarding

Favicon maker- Create a favicon from any image

Listed on BlogShares
www.flickr.com
maystar designsmaystar designsmaystar designs