My Life... My Thoughts... My World...
Home | Forum | Photos | Email/MSN

about her...
- female - happy-go-lucky - optimistic - unpredictable - nocturnal - stubborn - emotional - romantic - dreamy -

her favs...
- forumming - photography - cooking - laughing - Sudoku - blogging - travelling - music - chatting - eating -

her peeves...
- liars - mornings - being lonely - amphibians & reptiles - being made fun of - crowds - being unappreciated -

her food favs...
- Japanese - Vietnamese - Chinese - Indonesian - Thai - Szechuan - Malaysian -




fire!!!!
Saturday, August 19, 2006

Fire at Ang Mo Kio flat causes residents to evacuate
By Hasnita A Majid, Channel NewsAsia | Posted: 17 August 2006 2239 hrs


A fire at the 10th floor unit of a flat at Ang Mo Kio Ave 10 caused residents on surrounding floors to be evacuated.

The Singapore Civil Defence Force received a call at about 8.20pm Thursday and arrived at the scene within seven minutes.

Plumes of smoke could be seen coming from the flat's bedroom where the fire was believed to have started.

Officers had to force open the door of the flat as there was no one at home.

Residents from the 8th to the 12th floor at Blk 556 had to evacuate.

The fire was put out in 20 minutes. - CNA/ir


Most of the time when U see articles like these, U never thought that it would never happen to U, Ur relatives or frens. Unfortunately, I can't say that this time.

Below are actual photos...


Still smoking


Smoke Damage


Damage


The Living Room


Not too badly damaged


The origin


Totally gutted


'Scars' of the night...


I can't tell the extent of the fire damage but 20 mins of putting out the fire would have caused extensive water damage... for sure!

*update - Only one room suffered in this tragedy. The rest is smoke and water damage. It may sound like a small deal to some but not according to the other photos. Smoke & water damage affected the entire home and it seems to be quite a costly repair.

To see a home destroyed like that is heart-wrenching. To have to pick up the pieces is tedious. To rebuild a home, strength.

At the time of the fire, they whole family was out for dinner. Now, was that a lucky thing? or not? Lucky that no one was caught in the flames? Or unlucky that no one was home to put out the blaze before it got to this?

Before the fire, he was sending a file to me, when suddenly the connection dropped. I waited to see if MSN would re-connect (as it usually does) but it didn't this time round. I thought of sending an SMS to let him know but decided against it as I didn't want to disturb his dinner with something so trivial.

A part of me wondered if my SMS would have made a difference but he assured me that it would not. Deep down, I know that too but somehow I feel... wished that I could have done something...

I am thankful that no one was hurt and that his hammies are all safe and sound.

Bear bear, I am sorry that such a tragic event has happened. Please be strong ya? Know that life will always have its ups and downs. At least when we are down, we have the ups to look forward to.

For every darkness in your life, there is always a bright star looking for U...


Technorati Tags: , , ,



...:::My Thoughts:::...2:42 pm  




stuff here
about you:


















Archives
April 2006
May 2006
June 2006
July 2006
August 2006
October 2006






Free Domain Forwarding

Favicon maker- Create a favicon from any image

Listed on BlogShares
www.flickr.com
maystar designsmaystar designsmaystar designs